Wednesday, May 5, 2010

B-52s' Fred Schneider Gets Booed on 'Rock Band'

B-52s' Fred Schneider Gets Booed on 'Rock Band'
Spinner - Pat Pemberton
When B-52s frontman Fred Schneider tried to cover himself on the video game 'Rock Band,' he got sacked.

"I sang 'Love Shack' and got booed off the stage," he tells Spinner. "I was like, 'Well, screw this.'"

It's no surprise that 'Love Shack' would appear on a video game. After all, the quirky party song has long been a karaoke favorite. "We had a wedding party, and I walked by and they were paying 'Love Shack,'" says Schneider, who is currently promoting his side project, the Superions. "They wanted me to sing with them."

Schneider passed on karaoke 'Love Shack,' but he and his friends have been known to belt out a few covers. "I won't do karaoke now unless I know no one knows who I am," he said. "And what we do is sing really cheesy songs really horribly: 'Laughter in the Rain,' 'It's My Party' and 'Not Invited.' We just ruin them -- and have a good time doing it."

But back to 'Rock Band': After Schneider got booed for his take on Fred Schneider, he decided to turn to a more traditional game.

"I said, 'To hell with this -- let's go back to 'Catch Phrase,'" he says. "I love word games."

No comments: